Hello awesome readers! Sorry for the gap, yours truly has been really under the weather for the past week and has spent minimal time on the Internet as a result. But I’m back and (nearly completely) back to health!
Since I missed sharing a lot of great blog posts I have read over the last few weeks, I thought I’d do a January Boozey News Recap today and share some links to other great reads online.
January started with a bang with the announcement of Hiram Walker’s newest flavor, Watermelon Schnapps. Lots of press wrote excitedly about the latest product launch, now available nationwide. And the month capped off with a celebration of the Brandy Alexander, a cocktail that has many consumers pulling Hiram Walker off the shelves for their customized recipes.
Some other recipes of note:
- Blair over at Good Spirits News showcases the Admiral Perry cocktail – a drink he developed with special consideration for the launch of Hiram Walker Original Cinn.
- A History of Drinking pays homage to one of the most revered TV commercials with The Macintosh cocktail
- And Mark of Cocktails, 365 features Hiram’s Caramel Apple Liqueur paired with Barenjager in his Bit o Honey cocktail. It’s one I’ll surely keep in my pocket for the Jewish New Year in September 😉
October is National Apple Month and marks a fabulous time to test out that new bottle of Hiram Walker’s Caramel Apple Liqueur you’ve seen featured online and in your local retail stores.
Though this week has proven to be somewhat regarded as an Indian Summer here in Connecticut (please don’t let me have just jinxed it!!), I am finding a lot of uses for Hiram’s Caramel Apple Liqueur in what can be described as “fall-forward” cocktails. Photos and recipes will soon follow!
But don’t just take my word for it – the spirits reviewers as Tastings.com took a sip of Caramel Apple Liqueur and awarded it both a silver medal and a “Best Buy” distinction. Also, take a peek at what some other influential bloggers in the cocktail community are saying about this new liqueur:
- Our friends at A History of Drinking simply state: “Definitely tastes like the name.”
- Mutineer Magazine stirred up a signature Caramel Apple Liqueur cocktail that was “MUTINEER APPROVED!”
- Over at Drinking in America, the team found Caramel Apple Liqueur to be a “perfect addition to autumn activities” – of note on their list of activities is bobbing for apples!!
- Sporting a newly-redesigned website, Drinkhacker rates the “light and minimalist liqueur” from Hiram Walker
- The rating system at Bob’s Brew and Liquor Reviews is pretty straightforward: Drink This “if you want a tasty, well-made, and not cloyingly sweet Caramel Apple Liqueur…”
- Cocktails, 365 writes approvingly of the Caramel Apple Liqueur and offers several original cocktails, including the Turning Leaf Cider.
I’d love to hear what response you have had to trying the new Caramel Apple Liqueur. Leave me a comment or, if you feel your cocktail recipe has the right stuff, enter your drink into Hiram Walker’s fall cocktail contest “The Quest” to be entered to win an Apple iPad.